Celebrating Women

I can't believe it's Tuesday again!  Time just seems to be flying by!  So glad you could stop in today...take a load off,  relax a moment and let me tell you about our new challenge this week over at Twist of Faith Card Challenges. 

This week we are Celebrating Women, and our challenge twist is Proverbs 31.  This is a passage in the Bible that often makes me think that I am falling short in my duties as a wife and mother.  It's not that I don't do all of these things...it's just that I don't always do them with a happy or joyful heart.  I used to dream of doing something "big and noteworthy" for God...until one day during a ladies Bible Study, it dawned on me that I am.  My home is my mission field, and raising our children to follow Him really is one of the most important jobs I can do!  The cooking, cleaning, laundry, chauffeuring, etc. all of a sudden seemed to have a bigger purpose.  I won't say that I never feel like I have the daily drudges, and that everyday at home is a super happy one...but I have realized that the work God has given me for this season of my life is just as important as being out on the mission field, running an orphanage, etc.  I find that when people ask me what I do for a living I often answer "I'm JUST a stay at home mom"...more and more people have started to correct me and say that I must never say "just"....because it is an important job!  And in my heart I know it really is...it's just having given up being a "career" woman I did find that my identity & self worth was partially linked to my job and I needed to adjust to being at home. I think as women we often cut ourselves short and never feel like we do enough, or do something well enough.  That's where God steps in and tells us that we are made perfect in Him.  I know I often struggle with hearing His soft voice among all of the others screaming that I don't measure up! 

 But enough rambling and on with the challenge explanation.  Our super sponsor this week is none other than...


and I had another great image to work with!
Our prize winner will receive 1 image as showcased by our design team this week!
Just remember that your creation must include a scripture verse, uplifting or encouraging sentiment!

Here's my creation celebrating women!



I wanted this card to be feminine and light.  I hope you feel I accomplished the look.  I used a white piece of card stock and sent it through my BigShot in a swirling pattern embossing folder.  I then distressed the edges to give it a vintage type feel.  I cut the water colored image with one of my Spellbinders dies, and mounted it onto a doily and a silver oval accent I cut with the same Spellbinders die set. 

Here's a close up of the verse I used.  I simply typed it on my computer using Word and printed it out.  I then matted it onto a piece of silver card stock.  Then the bow making began.  I used some sheer white ribbon I had in my stash from Stamp'n Up as well as some silver cord.  I adhered it to the back of the sentiment using tacky tape.  I then added some adhesive pearls (Stamp'n Up as well) to the front of the sentiment.  I popped the sentiment onto the card using pop up dots and added some flowers for the finishing touch.


Here's a look from the side...


Well that's all for me today.  I hope you take time to celebrate women with us over at Twist of Faith this week.  Maybe you have a stay at home mom who lives next door, attends your church, etc. and you can brighten her day by celebrating her and gifting her with a card!  I know she would appreciate it!  Or maybe you know a working career mom who is trying to balance both work and family...celebrate her today too..because that too is not any easy path and speaking from experience with that as well, I know that she too will appreciate your thoughtfulness.  So, pick a lady in your life that you feel is worth celebrating, and make her a special card...and explain to her that you just want to "celebrate" her and what she means to you!  Then, don't forget to link up your creation with us at Twist of Faith Card Challenges!  We'd love seeing your creation, and reading about who you celebrated and why!  Don't forget to pop by the other DT blogs as well for some inspiration...and don't forget to leave some blog love.  After all, everyone could use an encouraging word today!

This card has been entered in the following challenges...

Tuesday Throwdown..."Pastel Rainbow"
There She Goes..."Color Challenge"
Love To Create Challenge Blog..."Color Challenge"
One Stop Craft Challenge..."Pastel Colors"
The Emerald Faeries..."Color Challenge"
Lia Stampz..."Color Challenge"
Crafting By Design..."Celebrate Women"

Update:  This card has placed in the following challenges...




Awards & Wins

 I made the Top 3! Challenge Button

12 comments

Papercrafting Princess said...

What a darling card...so feminine!

Zella said...

Beautiful card....and beautiful post. Your love of your family and Jesus shine through!

Heather P. said...

This is SO pretty!!

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Tracey, your card is gorgeous...so beautifully designed with the delicate touches of love.
Hugs,
Antoinette

Andreja said...

Wow, what great design and what a lovely pastel card you made!
Thanks for sharing with us at OneStopCraftChallenge :-))
Hugs, Andreja

Nancy said...

Pretty card, Tracey, and a really beautiful post! Thank you so much for sharing it!
I'm a bit late in commenting because I'm off on holidays. Just popped in for a second to catch up! Thanks for joining us a Lia Stampz too! :o)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge Blog.
Ruza, LTC Designer

CraftyGirl said...

Very pretty and I love the doily! I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Tuesday Throwdown DT

mixamatoasties said...

What a wonderful card.

Thanks for sharing at Love to Create this week.

Susan x

Amanda Phillips said...

What a true beauty! Thank you so much for joining us over at love to create challenge this week.
Amanda LTCDT

Jules said...

Your card is fantastic and I love the image. Thank you for joining us at A & T Emerald Faeries. Good Luck xoxoxo

Tracey Manderson said...

gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at The Emerald Faeries. Good luck, and hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!