Anniversary Wishes

Good Morning and welcome to Todays Beautiful Moments...Tomorrows Beautiful Memories!

I'm back from our last camping trip, and I see my scheduled posts went off without a hitch which is always nice!  I'm busy catching up on laundry and getting the kids ready to return to school this week!  The summer has just flown by, but I can also say I'm ready for some routine around here!  LOL

Today I would like to share with you a challenge we are running over at Twist of Faith Card Challenges where the "twist" in our challenges is to include a scripture, encouraging or uplifting sentiment!  Our theme this week is .... "Anniversaries"!    Our fabulous sponsor this week is Digi Darla Designs...


and they will be awarding our random prize winner 5 digis of their choice!  Now who couldn't use some more digis?  

I don't make anniversary cards often...I'm not sure why.  In this day and age where marriage seems to be so disposable, I think we should really be celebrating anniversaries more!  My husband and I recently celebrated 18 years together at the end of June.  I look back in time and can hardly believe it can be!  Even after 2 kids I find in my mind I haven't aged a day since I graduated high school!  If only the old body felt the same way!  LOL

I have been craving to create a vintage inspired card...and this anniversary card gave me the perfect opportunity!  I have used the "Heart Wreath with Birds" image as I just loved the idea of love birds for this creation.  I popped it up using 3D pop up dots to give the card some dimension on a background page from Heartwarming Vintage.  I then came across the die cut in the top left hand corner which says "Love Birds" and knew I needed to include that as well.  And the mini stamps in the bottom right corner were the perfect touch!  All of these elements have had their edges inked to give them that vintage feel.  Lastly, I came across some crochet hearts I had in my craft room and put on the awesome sentiment! 

Here's the final product!


And a closer look...


and a peek at the sentiment...


Just a simple, romantic vintage inspired creation!

So, I hope you will join us in this challenge and maybe even make a couple of anniversary cards to have on hand!  After all, marriage is worth celebrating!  Be sure to link them up with us, and don't forget to check out the other DT creations as well for more inspiration!

10 comments

Zella said...

I love the vintage feel of your card. Those little crochet hearts are adorable!! So pretty!!!!

Shirley-Anne said...

Love the fussy cutting behind the sentiment and those adorable hearts .I cant remember the last Anniversary card I made ...may be about 3 years ago ..wow
hugs Shirley-Anne

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Tracey. Thank you for joining the challenge at Whoopsi Daisy. Hope to see you again next time.

chrissy xx said...

Oh My! I LOve your colours and these delicious crochet hearts..Thank you soooo much for joining us at Digi Haven.
Chrissyxx

NickScrapShack said...

This is so cool. I love how you used the Digi Darla image and those pink hearts....

Thank you for joining our Wedding Challenge at Brown Sugar. Good luck!
Nick

Gale said...

Lovely card. Love those hearts. Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too in our "Vintage or Old" challenge. Hugs, Gale DT

Fran said...

Absolutely stunning, thank you for joining us at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog, Fran DT xx

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Such a beautiful card. Love those hearts. Thanks for sharing with us at WhoopsiDaisy. Hugs...Mona

Tracey said...

Thank you for sharing your gorgeous card with us in The Tea room! I love the sweet die cut...and the pink doilies look beautiful!

Jan said...

Love it! Thanks for joining us at CM xx Jan

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!