Walkin' in a Christmas Candyland

Hello!
I'm so excited today!  Several months back I applied to be a DT member for the Pile It On Challenge Blog.  Unfortunately I did not make the cut...but was invited to play along as a Guest Designer during the month of December.  And guess what...today's the day!  The twist at Pile it On Challenge Blog is to enter as many challenges as you can with a given creation!  Easier said than done sometimes!

Now the challenge this week over at Pile it On is "P is for..."
And the fabulous sponsor is non other that Jellypark, who have graciously offered one prize winner 2 digis of their choice!
I had the pleasure of playing with their digi stamp entitled "Princess for a Day".  Awesome....that was one "P" for the challenge!  LOL

Let's take a peek at what I did with this cute little princess...


Now, let me run through all of the "P is for" elements in this creation...princess, pearls, patterned paper, palace, and pink!

I wanted to create a different kind of Christmas card with this cute little princess...and I hope you feel I've accomplished it!  I do believe this is one of the craziest cards I've ever created...so many different elements going on, glitter, bling, ribbon, washi tape, hand coloring...but my 10 year old daughter absolutely loved it...so I know I captured what I was going for!

Every princess needs a castle or palace...but on a Christmas card, that princess needs a candy/sweet treats winter wonderland kinda palace!  I found this cute little image at Digi Web Studios and decided it was perfect for my little royal lady!  I colored the images with my Spectrum Noir markers .  I started the card with a snowflake patterned paper background.  I added candy and candy cane washi tape on both the top and the bottom of the card base.  I popped up the candy palace with 3D pop up dots and did the same with the princess image.  I cut out some snowflake die cuts with my BigShot and added Glitter Ritz to them along with a sparkling gem to each centre.  I printed out the perfect sentiment which reads "Hoping Your holidays are the Sweetest Ever" which I had purchased from Whimsie Doodles.  Then I went to town on the rest of the card with various colors of Stickles, Glitter Ritz and some gems for the bows on the palace and some pearls for the little princess' dress.  Lastly came the finishing touch of the bow.  I think the card came out extremely busy...but in a "sweet" sorta way!  LOL

I hope I've been able to inspire you to create a project with the letter P in mind and to link up with Pile it On!  It's been a ton of fun trying to enter as many challenges as I could with one card...not something I usually take too much time to do!  
I would also like to take the time to thank the design team members of Pile it On for having me!  I have have so much fun creating for this challenge! 

Until next time...

This card has been entered in the following challenges...

35 comments

Cynthia said...

This is really sweet, Tracey! Such a fun, glittery palace for your princess. Thanks for joining the Jellypark Friends Christmas challenge this month!

Nancy said...

Yay for you, Tracey! Congratulations on being a Guest DT! Your card is fabulous fun! I love the sweet Jellypark image...and all the wonderful "p" additions!
In my DT role I'll thank you for joining us at Jellypark Friends! :o)

Diane said...

One very different kind of Christmas card for sure Tracey, but just so sweet !! Thanks for playing at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

hugs Diane xx

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

This is so cute, I love the colors you have used and wonderful layout! Thanks so much for playing this time at Crafty Sentiments and Jellypark Friends:)

Unknown said...

Cute card
Thanks for joining in this week at Pennys Paper Crafty Challenge
Hugs katie x

Marie Richardson said...

This is a lovely card and I love the colours you have used
Thanks for joining us this month over at Seemacrafts challenge blog.
Good Luck with the challenge
Hugs
Marie (DT for Seemacrafts)
xxxx

Anne Temple said...

What a great card with lots of glittery goodness. So sweet! So glad yu joined us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fantastic card, great fantasy design full of girlie goodness. Thank you for sharing your Christmas project with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

inkydoodlecrafts said...

So cute, love what you've done with our Princess for the Day digi, it's so sweet ;o). Thank you for sharing with us over at Jellypark friends for our month long Christmas Challenge. Mel :o)

Jessica said...

What a cutie, and the candy castle is a perfect addition! Thanks for participating in the final Use It Tuesday challenge.

Unknown said...

This is just adorable!!! You've done a really fantastic job. Thanks for sharing at Just Inspirational Challenges! Melissa Dt

Anonymous said...

Lovely Tracey. Fab colouring. Thanks for joining in with us at the Lollipop Ladies - best of luck with all the challenges :)

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a cute card fab to give to a little Princess! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments, Susan x

goldie said...

Fantastic!
Thanks for playing with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs!

Janice said...

Well done on your GD spot and what a lovely card for the spot. Thanks for sharing with us at an OBAG, Jx

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Lollipop Ladies

Rach83 said...

Your Christmas candyland is so much fun. I love the sparkle and big red bow too.

Thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges. Hope you have a fabby festive.

Rachel x

Heather said...

Wow!! That is an amazing list of challenges entered with one card! I mean, what a "sweet" card! : ) The candy palace is definitely perfect for both Christmas and a princess! Thanks for making The Lollipop Ladies challenge one of the ones you entered with this card.

Alli Devine said...

Such a sweet card thanks for joining us at fab n funky
Alli D x

Connie Can Crop said...

Oh my gosh! She is just the cutest thing ever! And I just love her candy palace!! So glad you joined my challenge!! Thanks!! Scrappy hugs, Connie
http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com

Shirley-Anne said...

Love the card design and all the embellishments .Thanks for sharing on Heck of a Challenge .

Deanne Saunders said...

So cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LOLLIPOP LADIES challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Sandra H said...

Oooooh wow this is gorgeous what a feast!! just perfect for our challenge at Sparkles Christmas challenge "Christmas Feast and Treats thank you for joining in and good luck hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

Darlene said...

WOW this looks like a yummy place to be this time of year! Such a 'sweet' creation and LOVE her pearls!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘CHRISTMAS SPARKLE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

PaperDaisies said...

Such a sweet card. It looks fabulous. Thank you for joining us over at Ladybug Crafts. Hugs Nina

Unknown said...

very lovely card thank you for joining in over at seemacrafts

Sparkly Engineer said...

You really did pile on the "p's". lol. Love that sugar plum palace.

Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful card! Thanks to joining us at The Crazy Challenge!
Good luck!!
Hug
Zara

Lisa Mensing said...

Such a sweet card! Love Princess Sugar Plum theme. Thank you for joining us at Parade Your Crafts.

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

What a really unusual Christmas card. The image is very pretty and whimsical, and the addition of the Christmas embellishments are perfect. Great bright and colourful card.

Thank you for joining this months 'SeemaCrafts' challenge over on our blog.
Hope you will join us for future monthly challenges.

<3 & Hugs
Lisa xxxx DT Member

LARELLE-SUSANNE said...

Just loved the card super cute,thanks for joining in over at Seemacrafts. Hope to see more amazing creations in future challenges. Happy New Year Larelle-Susanne DT

Julene Matthews said...

It turned out well considering all the items on there.Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Ladies.

Got2BCrafting said...

Super cute!! LOVE all the bright colors! :)

Thanks for joining the Craftin Desert Divas Christmas Linky Party!
Lori

Penni said...

What a lovely card,
Thanks for joining us at the Songbird Challenge.
Hugs
Penni
X

Granmargaret said...

Tracey you are the winner of the Christmas cup cake challenge on Lollipop Ladies. Go over an leave a comment to receive your prize.

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!