Let's Make a Mess!

It's been a little quiet around here lately!  I've been busy in the craft room, but have had little time to post lately!  Thanks for sticking by me and coming for a visit today!

Today marks the beginning of a new monthly challenge over at the Unstampabelles.  Our challenge is "Dare to Get Dirty"...and our twist was to document the mess along the way with pictures.

We have a wonderful sponsor for this challenge...

Sticker Store Craft Stickers
http://www.stickerstore.com.au/

Be sure to check out the Unstampabelles blog for the prize being awarded!

I will confess that I struggled with this one and wasn't sure which direction to go in.  It had been on my mind that my son needed Valentine's for his class party, and the store was not stocking anything that I felt was worthy of giving.  So, to get some inspiration I read over the "Ideas for Creations" which you can find on the tabs on the Unstampabelles challenge blog.  Well, the word "box" just jumped out at me.  I had a cutting file for my Silhouette from My Scrap Chick that I had been wanting to use which was a box treat card all in one! Now cutting with that machine can sure get messy with all the tiny pieces, and all the pieces need to be inked, glued, etc...but my version of "dirty" may be a little cleaner than others...I hope this works for you! 

Let me walk you through this "messy/dirty" process with a few pics...

As you can see, it all starts out in little pieces in a somewhat organized mess...


The next step is to ink each piece individually...my fingers never stay clean in this process...




...and neither does my Splat Mat...



...and the glue...what can I say about this glue other than I despise it!  This glue is so sticky, my fingers are a complete mess by the time I'm done.  As you can see the glue bottle itself is is a complete mess...just from me handling it with the crazy stuff on my fingers.  And, it's almost impossible to wash off your hands when you're done...it sorta rubs off a while later.  But, I bought it...so I must use it!  LOL




We're getting closer to the finished creation...the shape is taking place...





Just let me get my fingers unstuck...I'll add some features and the remaining parts to this little guy....and...

 ...here's the finished project!


I'm happy to report our son loved this and is excited to be handing these one of a kind Valentine cards out in school at his party!  I guess I better get working because I have 16 more to make!

So, dig out those inks, paints, whatever you think you can make a creative mess with and get creating.  Don't forget to link up with us at the Unstampabelles so we can see your mess.  Remember our only rules are that your project needs to be a paper craft and you are not allowed to use any stamps on your creation.  Don't worry, it's not as hard as it sounds!

Until next time...

This creation has been shared in the following challenges...
Ladybug Crafts..."Be Mine"
Seemacrafts..."Valentine/Love"
A Gem of A Challenge..."All You Need is Love"
My Sheri Crafts..."Valentine - Use a Heart"
Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges..."Show Some Love"
Delightful Challenges..."Anything but a Card...Love Theme"
Decorate to Celebrate..."Valentine Treat Bag"
Little Red Wagon..."Child's Play"
Challenges 4 Everybody..."Anything Goes"
Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog..."Valentine Cards"

20 comments

JanR said...

16 - holy smokes! It is super cute so I can see why he'd want them for his classmates.

Susan Hogan said...

So cute to have a dinosaur family to hand out to your friends - this is really sweet and the blush on his/her cheeks just sets it off! You certainly got away with the messy bit! I love my Tombow glue but it is messy to use and after a while I find myself 'tacking' to stuff around the craft space!

Sherrie K. said...

This is adorable!! I just grabbed that file too...so cute!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Granmargaret said...

Great project Tracey

Rose said...

So cute! Thanks for joining us at DTC!

pauline said...

Very cute , thank you for joining our love theme at Seemacrafts x x x

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is so absolutely adorable!! How fun!! I love it!! Thanks so much for playing along at Decorate to Celebrate!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Decorate to Celebrate DT

Unknown said...

Aww how cute love the dragon, thank you for joining Seemacrafts

Rhonda Emery said...

how adorable thank you for joining us at dtc challenge. hugs

Karen Willis said...

This is oh so cute! Think I might have to grab that cutting file too lol. Thank you for joining in with us over at Seemacrafts. Karen DT member xx

Tracy Penney said...

Oh my such a sweet little dragon. Good luck with making the rest for your Son's class. Thanks for joining us over at Little Red Wagon.

Mollie said...

This is ADORABLE!!! Fabulous job! Thanks so much for sharing this with us over at Decorate to Celebrate!!!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

CraftyFriends said...

very cute ..thanks for joining seemacrafts challenge for February
Jakki (craftyjak) x x

Deanne Saunders said...

Oh wow! Adorable!!! Thanks so much for participating in our DECORATE TO CELEBRATE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Chriss America Real said...

I love this! I am going to get the file and make it for my son. Thank you so much for joining the design team at Decorate to Celebrate!

Hugs
Chriss -DT -DTC

Unknown said...

This is ADORABLE!!! That really turned out great!! How cute is he!! Great idea!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

- Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

Crafting Vicky said...

awwww this is sooo cute!!! So worth all the effort and the aggravation!!! :)

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 500 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/02/woooow-celebration-in-order-its-500.html

Unknown said...

Awe, Tracey, this is just fabulous hun, and a fabulous step by step too, I love getting sticky and messy and am going presently to do such a thing, LOL..thank you for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun, best of luck xxx

Sinon said...

Lovely work, thanks for joining in at SeemaCrafts.
Regards Claire
(theunfadinglight.blogspot.co.uk)

Helen said...

That is so cute and I loved seeing how you put it together.

Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

Helen N x

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!