Easter Joys

I hope things are well with you today!  
I'm so glad you could stop in!
I have some exciting news to share with you today...this is my first post for my new DT position with the awesome Pile It On Challenge blog!  The goal of this fun filled blog is to link your project with as many different challenges as you can!  You've done the work...so you might as well link up and show it off as much as you can!  

Our challenge theme for this week is "Easter Joys". 
 I have to admit it was fun to finally sit down and work on a bright, spring colored project. 

Our wonderful sponsor this week is...

http://www.pinkgemdesigns.com/catalog/index.php 

...who is offering one lucky winner 2 digis of their choice (sets or custom digis excluded).

I had so much fun working with the image that I was able to choose which is called "Easter Chicks".  You can find it here.  

Let's take a look at the card creation...


I've colored up the images with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I printed out two different sizes of the digi so I was able to fussy cut some smaller ones and pop them up among the other chicks for some dimension.  The last little chick, as you'll notice there are three, made it into the inside of the card.  

I rummaged around looking for my seasonal paper pack my kiddos had purchased me several years back, as I knew it had some Easter paper in it.  I chose 3 different papers to layer onto this creation.  The blue colored paper has been punched with my eyelet lace Stamp 'n Up punch.  I added a doily and some lace to the creation to give it a soft and feminine touch.  To finish it off I added some teal colored sugar dots on the top corner as well as the bottom corner.  

I decided that the card also needed to shimmer and glitter, so I added some stickles to the bows in the little chicks hair as well as some Glitter Ritz to the grass to shimmer like dew.  
I thought it turned out kinda cute!

Now I'm hoping that this bright and cheery card has encouraged you to pull out some bright colored papers and create a project that fits our theme of "Easter Joys".  And for more inspiration, be sure to visit the Pile It On Challenge blog to see what the other design team members have created.  Then, get linking up those great projects...remember the more the better!

Until next time...


18 comments

K Clark said...

Hi Tracey... so glad you joined PIO!!! your card is super cute!

BethieJ said...

Tracey your card is LOVELY!! I LOVE that cute image!!
Welcome to the PIO team! Looking forward to creating with you!!!
Have a GREAT day!

Sharla said...

This is such a sweet card!! Love the doily, enamel dots and sparkle! Great job with this fun image! Looking forward to working with you on PIO DT! :)

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Oh so cute and love your coloring. Thanks for joining us this week at Created with love challenges.
Linda K. Dt.
www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

Gemma said...

Such a cute Easter card
Thank you for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore challenge 3
Gemma xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Such a cute card, love the image & layout.

Thank you for sharing with us at The Craft Garden this month, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

DeBe said...

A lovely, bright and cheerful Easter card! Thank-you for joining us at the Cards Galore Encore Use a stamped or digi stamped element #3, Denyse x

Riette said...

Oh man those ducks are CUTE!!
Thanks for joining us at TTCRD.
xxxx
Riette ,DT.

Mynn xx said...

OH my gosh, this is DARLING! LOVE the sweet image and your coloring is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

Wendy L said...

Wow, isn't this so sweet, great image and a fab design, thanks for joining us at Ladybug crafts this month. xxxx

Anonymous said...

Adorable card, I love all your little details. Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions.

Gayle's Crafty Blog said...

So pretty and cute..Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place..Hugz Gayle xx

Life in Colors said...

Awww that is sooooo cute !! Thanks for playing with us at The Craft Garden !

Milnie said...

This is sooo sweet!
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafting for all Seasons. Good Luck and I hope we see you again!

Hugs,
Milnie DT

Carol said...

A beautiful spring creation. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

Hazel said...

Lovely little chicks. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for March with your delightful crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Tracey, Lovely spring card, especially like the lace and bits of bling you added. Thank you for joining us for the pastel challenge at The Craft Garden this month. We allow more than one entry though the month and look forward to having you play with us again.
:) Chris / CS Designs

Lisa :) said...

This is really beautiful! The colors, the enameled dots, I love it. The doily really adds detail, too. Thanks so much for playing with us at The Craft Garden!

--Lisa
Craft Garden DT

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!