Under the Sea

It certainly feels like the weeks are passing faster and faster lately!
How about for you?
We're still awaiting spring here in Manitoba, Canada...and I'm just happy that the snow they've been calling for in the last week or so has never come to pass.  
The kids and I are so ready for sunshine and green grass!

I'm glad you could stop in today to see what our new challenge over at {Pin}spirational Challenges is this week.  As you know, we always base our creations on a {pin}spiring photo.

We have a unique one for you today...so be prepared to throw on your creativity cap...


Aren't the colors beautiful?  Those teals, blues, greens...not to mention the textures!
And the possibilities with turtle digis seem to be endless these days!

I decided to use some cutting files for my Silhouette Cameo which I purchased on sale at
 Designs on Cloud 9.  This under the sea themed set was a file that was being retired and I just couldn't let it slip through my fingers.  

But, before I show you what I created for this challenge, let me bring you up to speed on our wonderful sponsors for this week...

as well as...




and last but not least...

 
Be sure to check out the {Pin}spirational Challenge blog to see the wonderful prizes are sponsors are offering this week!

Now, back to my creation! 
Let's take a look!


and here's a closer peek at the sentiment I used from our sponsor Imagine That...


and lastly a closer look at the grouping in the shadowbox as well as the turtle on the front...


I had purchased a shadow box cutting file from the Silhouette online store that I thought would be perfect for this card challenge.  The different layerings and the fact that it was a shadow box I felt would give you that under the sea water feeling like in our {pin}spiring picture.  Since I was a little short on time with this one, I decided to use the PNG files that were included with the cutting files rather than paper piece for this project.  I've popped up the sea horse, as well as some of the seaweed so the background looks dimensional.  I've cut some extra waves for the front of the card and added the turtle so it looks like he's swimming through the scene as well.  Lastly, I've added a print out of the sentiment from our sponsor Imagine That.  All in all, I thought it came out kinda cute!

Are you ready to tackle this under the sea challenge?  Needing more {pin}spiration?  Don't forget to check out the other DT members creations on the blog!
I'm looking forward to seeing where your creativity takes you with this photo!

Until next time...

This card has been shared in the following challenges...
Alphabet Challenge..."D is for Die Cuts"
Bloggers Challenge..."Animals"
Crafty Catz..."Anything Goes"
Sister Act Card Challenge..."Anything Goes"

Crafting by Designs..."Colors of the Sea Recipe" (inspiration photo, sea creatures, water & bubbles)
The Sisterhood of Crafters..."Animals"
Creative Card Crew..."Animals"
Crafty Calender Challenge..."Animal Antics"
Open-Minded Challenges..."Animal Antics"
2 Cute Ink..."Anything Goes"
The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog..."Cute with Dies/Punches"
Use Your Stuff..."Die Cuts"








15 comments

Naomi Johnson said...

Really lovely creation hun. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Darlene said...

WOW this is awesome Tracey! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘ANIMAL’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Isbaha said...

Amazing ! Your creation is so inspiring, it's just fabulous ! Love everything on it. Thanks for playing along with us at Use Your Stuff !

Seafield Jo said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous, you've used such cute images and the colours are fab.

Thanks for joining in with our latest challenge at Crafty Calendar.

Jo x

Deanette said...

This is Super Cute, nice work! So glad you joined the 2 Cute Digital Stamps Challenge and best of luck!

Jenny said...

Das ist ja ein tolles Werk. Gefällt mir sehr gut. LG Jenny

Unknown said...

Great card, you've made a lovely wee scene and I love your fun sentiment!

Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

Sheena
xxx

Marina said...

I love this!! Fab, fun scene.

Anonymous said...

What a fun card! Great take on the inspiration picture! Thanks for playing in our die cut challenge at Use Your Stuff this week and hope to see you again!
Tammy DT

Mikha Adriani said...

Super cute!! love how you made the 3D effect!!
Thanks for playing at Open-Minded Crafting Fun. Hope to see you again next time.
Hugs, Mikha

Unknown said...

Oh wow!!! Gorgeous!! LOVE your layout!! This is stunning!! I love it!! Thanks so much for playing along with us for Animal Antics at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

- Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

Crafting Vicky said...

Love this great details on this. Feels like a great aquarium scene!!!

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

Gem x said...

This is super cute, I love the colours and the way it is layed out. Thanks for entering into the Cutie Pie Challenge. Gem DT xx

Amy A said...

This is AMAZING Tracey! Love the design and your under the sea scene. Just adorable details! Thank you for joining us at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges.

Amy~DT

Helen said...

I'm back again! A really great card, Tracy - I love the scene you've created.

Thank you for sharing your card with us at the Cutie Pie Blog Challenge.

Helen x

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!