Happy Father's Day...

Happy Sunday!
I hope life it treating you well!
Here in Canada we're celebrating Father's Day today, so I'm here to
 share a special card with you!

Let me share with you a little with you about my dad!
My dad has taught me so many things in my life.  He has taught me to look at the world in black and white...right and wrong.  He has taught me to work hard for what you want in life and that your word and integrity are some of the most valuable and important things you have.  His hand shake is worth more than any written signature on a contract and I know that he would help out his kids in anyway he could.  When I was growing up he wasn't always home a lot as he was a long distance truck driver.  Now in his retirement years I enjoy seeing how he interacts with his grandchildren and gets to experience some of the things he missed with my brother and I while we were growing up!

So dad...today we're celebrating you!

Here's a peek at the card I created just for him...


I decided to go with an "Old World" style card that looked aged...like it had just been found at the bottom of a vintage sailors trunk.  I chose to use the "Everyday Heroes" Collection by Heartfelt Creations.  The stamped globe image in the centre of the card as well as the die cut are both part of this fabulous collection.  I've also used an Art Anthology Paint - Velvet Wineberry around the edges of the card both on the base and the small card panel that has been popped up off the base.  I've also used a touch of it on the die cut itself as well.  I've then used another Art Anthology Paint - Sorbet Dazzle which leaves a beautiful glitter where you apply it.  To add more texture to the project I've also used some Ferros Metallic paint in various places of the card...it leaves a gritty feeling where applied and just really adds to the aged effect. I love using it on masculine cards.  I've fussy cut the images and sentiments along the side of the stamped image.  I've matted the sentiments onto a wine colored card stock to tie in with the Wineberry colored paint. To add the aged effect, I've added some Mr. Huey's spray as well as a spritz of Smooch Spritz - Log Cabin.  To finish it off I've inked all of the edges of the card with a black ink, added two gold brads as well as some gold twine. 

Well, that's all for me today!  
Short and sweet!
I hope you've found some inspiration here...and it's never to late to make a card to let your dad know you appreciate him...it doesn't just have to be on Father's Day!

Until next time...

This card has been shared in the following challenges...

4 comments

Susan Hogan said...

Happy Father's Day to all Canadian fathers - including yours. An amazing card again Tracey - bet he loved it. Have a great week.

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Thanks Susan!

Lori Turner said...

Love this vintage Father's Day card, Tracey! The colors are awesome :) Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks xoxoxo

Erum Tasneem said...

woah I love your card! it is super grungy and full of details. LOVE! Thanks for sharing this at Sentimental Sundays. Good luck!
xx
Erum
My Blog!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!