Old Fashioned Snailmail Stationery...

I'm back today with a post for the awesome online craft store Scrapbooks by Design!
I've recently gotten into the old art of handwriting snailmail letters to several pen pals, and I have to say it's such a nice surprise when you open your mailbox to find "happy mail" that makes you smile...and not just computer generated junk mail and bills. 
However, the problem I have encountered is purchasing cute stationery sets to write my letters on.  
I was browsing the web one day when I came across a stationery tutorial by Under a Cherry Tree.
I started reading some of the tutorials when I came across one that explained how to use your Silhouette Cameo to create your very own and unique stationery.  (You can find the tutorial here.)
Well, problem solved!  The tutorial was very clear and easy to follow and I got about to creating!

I purchased the graphics that I wanted to use through Lettering Delights, and the white copy paper was a Costco purchase.  When it comes to copy paper for a project like this, my suggestion is to go with a bright white and higher quality brand.  The cheap regular Costco brand we use for everyday printing is very thin...this last trip I purchased just one package of the bright white high quality copy paper and the printed designs did not shine through the back of the paper as it did with the cheaper version.  It just looked so much more professional! The remaining supplies I needed I was able to purchase through Scrapbooks by Design...including the white sticker paper that I also had never worked with before. 

Here's how the stationery set turned out...


I created two different paper designs as well as a cute matching envelope.  
Since this particular set was going to be sent out to a pen pal for a birthday gift, I made 4 pages of each design and 8 envelopes.  

Here's a closer look at each of the stationery pages...


I also created a few stickers to go with the collection.  Another tutorial I found at Under a Cherry Tree!  You can find the sticker tutorial here
Here's a peek at the coordinating stickers...


I can hardly wait until my pen pal received this in her mailbox and to hear what she thinks of it!
I hope she will enjoy using it, and that the recipients of her letters will enjoy the fun little notes as well.  (Edit:  my pen pal has received the set and absolutely adored it...just as I hope she would!)

That's all for me today!
I hope you've enjoyed my little project!
Be sure to stop by Scrapbooks by Design online store for all your stationery and sticker making supplies!

Until next time...

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!