Berry Cafe Planner Spread...

Hello Again!
I cannot believe another week has flown by and it's Wednesday once again!
Have you been enjoying the Berry Cafe postings from the Heartfelt Creations design team?
I think they've all done a "sweet" job bringing new inspirations your way!

This week I wanted to bring a little something different to the table.  This weeks posting is for all the planner girls out there!  The planning world has really taken off in the last while, and I too have jumped on that bandwagon.  I have a Happy Planner that I use as a memory keeping planner, and a Carpe Diem that I use for my real task oriented planner.

If you browse the internet looking for planner ideas, you will see very quickly that you are bombarded by all sorts of Etsy shops offering stickers, monthly kits, etc. And, while I do indulge in these once in awhile...I find it can really get expensive!  So...I've made myself a deal that I will start using from my stash to create my very own "kits" that I can use weekly or monthly!
I decided that the Berry Cafe Collection would make a fun kit to decorate June...the first month of summer!

Here's how my planner spread turned out...


As you can see, it's a great way to use up little bits and pieces from other projects.  I've also created my own stickers using some stamps from the collection and some white sticker paper.  I've die cut a preprinted ice cream image from the paper collection and added it to the bottom corner of the first page in the spread.  I've fussy cut the bee hive image from a scrapbook page in the collection for the second page of the spread.  The berry images on the bottom of the pages are the handmade stickers I created, as is the lone berry in the center of the first page.   

Of course you always need a pocket page to keep memory keeping journaling cards, extra stickers, etc. organized.  So I created a pocket as well as a berry blossom paper clip to keep all those loose extras together...


I hope you've enjoyed the tour of my memory keeping Happy Planner today!  I hope I've inspired all of you planner girls out there to dig into your stash and create your own version of a planner kit!
Also, don't forget to stop by the Heartfelt Creations blog to see the beautiful creations the rest of the design team have created for your inspiration!

Also, be sure to check back here Friday for a "berry" special tutorial involving more planner items for this "berry" special planner kit idea!

Until next time...

Project Supplies and Instructions
HCDP1-265 Berry Cafe Paper Collection
HCPC-3732 Blooming Berries Cling Stamp Set
HCPC-3731 Berry Blossoms Cling Stamp Set
HCD1-794 Berry Cafe Die
HCD1-793 Berry Blossoms Die
HCD1-778 Fleur Borders and Pocket Dies
HCST1-401 Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
159723 Art Institute Glue - Dries Clear

Other Products Used:  white sticker paper, Black Versafine Ink, VersaColor Pine Cone Ink, paper trimmer, scor tape, Spectrum Noir Markers - DR4, DR5, DR6, DG1, DG2, DG3, gold seed beads, gold paper clip, hot glue gun, washi tape, scissors, white card stock, water, spritz bottle, BigShot die cutting machine

Watch this video to learn how to shape flowers with the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit.

Planner Spread: Select bits and pieces of left over paper from the Berry Cafe Collection. Adhere washi tape to planner as desired.  Measure and cut paper pieces to size that you wish to use in your planner, and work with design before adhering to planner pages.  Fussy cut large bee hive image from one of the scrapbook pages and position to where you would like it to appear on your layout.  Locate sentiment strips, trim to size you desire and notch out one end on each with scissors to create banners.  Die cut a preprinted ice cream image from the paper collection using the coordinating die, and fussy cut any other small paper elements you wish to use in your planner spread.  Ink all edges of each of the items you are using with a soft brown colored ink.  Arrange as desired (or as shown) and adhere to planner spread. 

Stickers: Using a permanent black ink and white sticker paper, create your own strawberry stickers by stamping each of the images from the Blooming Berries Cling Stamp Set, color using markers and then die cut using coordinating dies.  Snip apart with scissors as needed to use in the areas you wish to apply a sticker.

Paper Clip: Stamp one image of the largest blossoms from the Berry Blossoms Cling Stamp Set onto white card stock.  Color using markers and then die cut using the coordinating die.  Using the largest flower and the next size down, shape using a mist of water and shaping tools.  Adhere one to the other to create a double blossom.  Using a hot glue gun, apply glue to back of flower and adhere paper clip.  Then take one of the left over blossoms that has been die cut and place over glue on back to finish the backside of the clip.  Adhere gold seed beads to center of flower. 

Planner Pocket Page: Select patterned paper you wish to use to create a planner pocket page.  Using the Fleur Borders and Pocket Dies, cut one large pocket from coordinating patterned paper.  Using scor tape, apply pocket to page as shown.  Cut several card panels from paper collection, back each with white card stock and place in pocket to use as memory keeping journaling cards.

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!