A Sweet Lullaby Baby Album...

Hi there!
I'm popping in today with a special project that I've had on the go for awhile...a special custom made baby album that took way to long to complete because so many life events got in the way! 
But, I'm happy to say it has been completed and delivered...all before the little one was ready for college!  LOL

It's not often that my hubby puts in a special request for a crafty item...so I was a little taken aback when he asked if I would put together a baby album for one of his friends who was having a little one!  I agreed and waited for a few back ordered products to arrive and then set to work!

I managed to snag a few paper packs from the retiring Sweet Lullaby line by Heartfelt Creations and of course used their 3D Flip Fold Album and Insert system.  I chose to use the white base and inserts for this project.  

Let me share a few photos with you...shall we begin with the front cover...
(My apologies as this may quickly become a picture heavy post...but I also have a video tour as well should you choose to skip straight to that!)



The adorable card panel made a simple front cover, along with the addition of a sentiment strip and a touch of elegant lace.


I chose to use the Botanical Rose Cling Stamp Set and coordinating Botanical Wings Die for the florals.  I shaped some larger full roses, a few smaller single and several rose buds.  I added just a hint of glitter to the petals and to the flowers on the card panel on the cover as well.  

Here's a closer look at the blossoms...


As you can see, I've chunked up the album with quite a few flip fold and pocket inserts...plenty of room for mom to journal those special moments and add in those treasured photos!


Moving along, let's take a quick tour through some of the inside pages...





...I tried to make it simple for mom by stamping in some areas where she could add in her photos...
I was super happy when she said the one thing she had not purchased yet was a baby album!
She was impressed and I am sure glad that she had not found one that she had fallen in love with already!  (I knew she really liked it when she asked if I would be willing to take orders!  LOL)


I've kept this baby album a little more minimalistic as it was for a baby boy.  A touch of delicate die cut edges here and there, and flowers only on the front cover as I did not want the creation to turn out looking too feminine!


Many different tuck spots for journaling and adding smaller pictures!




I've added just a touch of glitter throughout the entire album to give it some shimmer and shine...it doesn't really show up well in the pictures...but then again the idea was that it be subtle.




...and the simple finishing of the back cover...


Well, that's a picture sampling of the project.  I've included a video tour here for you as well should you be interested.  This music I chose for the video is a lullaby that I sang to both of my kids when they were babies...of course I changed the the words to "Mama's gonna buy you..."

I hope you enjoy!


Until next time... 

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!