He Has Made Everything...

Happy Sunday!
I hope you've been having a wonderful weekend!

As I am scheduling this blog post today, the sun has decided to shine all day!  This week has been extremely cold and we've had snow and rain!  May is just around the corner and our family is looking forward to camping season so we are quite ready to be done with this crazy mix of weather...but it isn't up to us is it?  Nature has a way of reminding us that we're not in charge, doesn't it?  We know that God tells the wind where to blow, the rain where to fall and the sun when to shine.  I find that spending time in the great outdoors often leads me to praising and worshipping God.  To look around and take time to soak in His creation is a humbling experience.  God our creator has created everything....from light to darkness, water and land, animals and humans...to sit and ponder all that He has created makes you realized how big He really is!  And, what creativity!  

You can find the whole story of creation in the Bible in the first few chapters of Genesis.  I'm often amazed that people think that this could have all come together through an explosive bang, or that we evolved from monkeys...all has been planned out perfectly by our Creator.  To look around nature, to hold a new born baby really makes you realize that we are here on this earth for more than to just exist with no purpose.   

 This week on Mustard Seed Faith Challenges we want to meditate on God as our Creator. 
Jeanne came up with this idea through the praise and worship song by Big Daddy Weave called "Overwhelmed"...and that is exactly how I feel when I think of all that God has created and done for me when I wasn't deserving.  

Here's the link to the video of this song...we had a chance to see Big Daddy Weave live last summer at the praise and worship time with them was amazing!

So, take a few minutes to listen to this beautiful song...rest and allow your spirit to soak in the lyrics and reflect on all God has created...


While our theme this week for the challenge is God as Creator and creation, we have made it simple for you to create by including a sketch challenge!

Here's a peek at the sketch...

No automatic alt text available.
I've kept my project very simple this week!
I had a few images in my Silhouette library and thought they would be perfect for this challenge.
I love my Silhouette and it's print and cut features...it makes creating very quick and easy!

Here's how my project came out...


I've always loved Precious Moments and I just couldn't resist using one of the print and cut images from the Silhouette Design Store.  I'd owned these files for quite some time and just hadn't had the time to use them.  I printed the coordinating background from the Precious Moments collection as well.  I've popped it up off the card base.  I've adhered the sun and little girls image onto a simple oval die cut and popped the oval up off the card base as well.  Don't they just look like they are admiring God's creation of flowers!  I've stamped the sentiment (which comes from one of my Illustrated Faith stamps) onto white card stock, trimmed it and inked the edges with a light pink and adhered it to the card.  Not exactly as shown in the sketch...but that's the beauty of a sketch challenge...you don't have to follow it exactly!  Some glitter and a few yellow sequins and this little creation came together in about a half hour, including print and cut time with the Silhouette.

I do hope you'll join us in our new challenge!  Following a sketch allows for freedom of interpretation and also helps you out when your creativity has taken a hike!
We'd love to see your favorite project featuring some of your favorite creations God has blessed us with!

Until next time...

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!