Food for Thought

The majority of the day proved to rainy yesterday, and the call of my craft room just could not be ignored.  I was spending time browsing on my iPad when I came across several blogs that peeked my interest with their challenges and sketches.

A cute little blog called Pumpkin Spice got my head swirling as their current challenge was an "anything goes" challenge....love it!

Stuck on U Sketches offered this really neat sketch that I really wanted to do something different with...


Now unfortunately this will be the last card sketch they will be running....I'm disappointed because I really enjoyed using their card sketches and haven't played along with them very long.  That being said, they run some really awesome other challenges and I'm sure I will play along from time to time.  

For my take on this sketch I wanted to stretch myself and do something a little more out of the ordinary for myself.  I wanted to move away from the feminine papers, flowers, buttons, etc.  It clicked for me when I came across a challenge by Card Crafter's Circle...their inspiration for everyone playing along this time was food!  Brilliant!  I remembered that I had an awesome Cricut Imagine cartridge called "Kate's Kitchen" and thought this would be so much fun to play along with.   

Here is where my imagination took me...


I wanted a cheery, food themed card and I hope you feel I accomplished it!  For the card sketch I wanted to do something other than the usual two different colored/patterned papers or ribbons, etc. for the sides as illustrated.  So, I thought what better than to use the fork and knife die cuts to break up the edges.  All of the elements in this card were made with the Cricut Imagine Cartridge "Kate's Kitchen" including that background papers.  The toaster image as well as the second piece of toast leaping toward the buttered knife have been placed on pop up dots to give it an element of interest.  The sentiment has also been raised by using pop up dots.

Here's a closer look at the card...


A big thank you to Pumpkin Spice, Stuck on U Sketches and Card Crafter's Circle for the rainy day inspiration and getting me to my craftroom!  I had so much fun...and I hope you've enjoyed the card!

Take Care...and thanks for visiting!

This card has been submitted to the following blog challenges...
Pumpkin Spice...Challenge #21 - Anything Goes
Stuck on U Sketches...Final Card Sketch
Card Crafter's Circle...Card with Food Challenge


 Update:  This card placed in the Top 3 at Card Crafter's Circle as well as Stuck on U Sketches!


5 comments

Jennifer said...

This is just wonderful! I love the happy toast and toaster with the sun peaking out! Thanks for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle!

Sara S. said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love how stinkin' cute all of the images are, and your layout is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle this week!

Shirley-Anne said...

LOVE LOVE LOOOVE this creation .
Love the morning brecky scene .
Super fun card .
Thanks for sharing on Card Crafter's Circle ..
HUGS Shirley-Anne

Unknown said...

How original is this card Tracey - totally adorable! I love your use of the images, so happy and bright. Brilliant take on our final Card Sketch. Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous, Tracey! I love every part of it.... and how fab is your photo background! Awesomely suited to the theme! Thanks for sharing at the Card Crafter's Circle!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!