A Musical Thank You

Wow!  I can't believe it's been just about a week already since my last post!  Time certainly does seem to be flying.  Our kiddos have one more week of school, and I always find the end of school such a busy and exciting time!  The other thing I always look forward to is the wrap up of all the extra curricular activities.  Baseball for my son will end this coming Monday and tonight is our final piano recital for both our kids! 

Today I want to share with you the Thank You card that our son and daughter will be presenting to their piano teacher.  I rummaged through my stash looking for some music themed paper, and found that I was coming up a little short in this department!  However, I found a die cut photo in my Heartwarming Vintage cut outs stash and loved it...even though the musical portion is minimal, at least it's represented! LOL 

The background papers are from the Authentique lines Grace and Strong.  The "Thanks" sentiment is from Stamp'n Up and the small corner floral die cuts come from a Heartwarming Vintage sheet as well.  I've added some music themed washi tape to tie into the piano inspired card.  And last, but not least I added a butterfly.  I used the Memory Box Butterfly dies Darla and Vivienne...and added some extra sparkle with some patina colored Stickles to the butterfly body.   

Here's a look at how it turned out...


And here's a little close up of some of the detailing...



Now, the kids piano teacher and I are also good friends.  We go to scrapbooking/cardmaking crops together and share a passion for crafting.  So, it never comes as a surprise to her when she is gifted with a gift certificate to the local craft store.  I happened to pop into the store a few days ago because the owner, Lori was having an 8th year anniversary sale going on...who can resist a sale?  Well, Lori always has ideas for me, and this particular visit she pointed me into the direction of the small glasine bags she had on sale...(you can see the Love is in the Details website for the sale here!)  She mentioned that they happened to be the correct size for gift cards/certificates!  Well...she didn't have to tell me twice...I stocked up!  And here's what I did with one of these bags in this presentation Thank You card...


I added a little rose element that I cut out from my Heartwarming Vintage sheets and positioned it on a few pop up dots so that the flap of the bag would tuck under part of the stem and keep the bag closed.  I think it worked out very well. 


I hope that the kids piano teacher will enjoy the card...I know she will certainly enjoy shopping with what's going to be inside...and I will enjoy the break from all of the kids after school activities.  I'm just so looking forward to a relaxing and recharging summer!

Well, that's all I have today!  Thanks for stopping in and taking a look around!  Hope to see you back again soon!

This card has been entered in the following challenges...

17 comments

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, Tracey! Your butterfly is gorgeous! I love the little glasine bag too...fabulous idea for a gift card! Thank you!...Nancy :o)

Nancy said...

Hello...me again! I wanted to thank you for poinint me in the direction of Lori's great store! I love to shop online in Canada, and this store is closer then most!...Nancy :o)

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Nancy thank you for the kind words on the card! I'm glad you've found Lori's store. They have the best customer service you have ever seen, and are all super friendly! Hopefully you get to take advantage of the sale going on right now! Hugs, Tracey

~Lori~ said...

Awesome, so awesome!
I am so glad that you are loving the small glassine bags, and I LOVE what you did with it. Perfect! :)

Chat Noir said...

So good to find someone else with a stash of paper cut-outs...they're my "go to" so often. Love what you've created and the vintage elements go together so well. Thanks for playing along with us at Opus Gluei - that's a beautiful butterfly!

Unknown said...

A really pretty vintage feel to the card, it is beautiful! Thanks for entering it into the Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Tracy,

das ist eine wunderschöne Karte geworden ich bin von der Gestaltung begeistert. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Animal Friends Challenge. Liebe Grüße Silvi

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, lovely job!

Leanne DT!
4 Crafty Chicks

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Thanks Lori! Elaine loved it as well...and she loved what was enclosed in it as well! I'm sure she'll be in to see you shortly to spend some of it! LOL

Doreen said...

Eine schön gestaltete Karte. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme bei Animal Friends. Liebe Grüße Doreen

Beccalite said...

This is a gorgeous card and what a great idea to use the Glasine bags for gift cards.

Thank you so much for joining in with our 'Take Flight' Challenge over at Rhedd and Rosie's Anything Goes Challenge Blog.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx (Rhedd and Rosie DT member)

Rosemary said...

What an exquisite gift the card itself is, it really shows the affection and esteem you hold for your friend and the kids' music teachers. She will love it. Isn't it nice to find someone to share your passion for creating? I think so. This card is so lovely, I'm a person who adores vintage items and ephemera on a card and anything with a feminine vibe, so naturally this clicks on all that with me! You did a lovely job and the eye goes to the elements and then rests on the subtle and shimmering butterfly! Which just so happens to make this a delightful addition to our Opus Gluei gallery of submittals! I hope we entice you back for more fun with us, would love to see your take on more themes!

Crafting Vicky said...

wow this is totally awesome!!! Just love the great card. Great butterfly!!!

Thanks for joining us at Dutch Dare Card Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Rosemary...Thank you so much for your kind words! It makes me so happy to hear that you connect with this card the way you do! Vintage is an absolute favorite of mine as well. I look forward to popping by Opus Gluei as often as I can!
Hugs, Tracey F.

Tamie said...

Gorgeous color, texture and love the added touch for the sentiment. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Fantastic inspiration!

Lori Turner said...

Such a pretty card :) Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

Tina said...

beautiful card, love that paper. Thank you for joining us at Rhedd and Rosies. Hugs Tina (DT) xx

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!