With Deepest Sympathy

It has been busy here the last few days!  Preparing for a camping weekend, shopping, and on Wednesday  I received a call around lunch time that my uncle had passed away.  He had been sick for awhile, and we knew that this day was coming... however that never seems to make it easier, does it? 

So, I settled into my craft room after the kids went to bed, and started planning out a Sympathy Card.  Now this is not my favorite kind of card to make.  It doesn't help that I usually don't make them to have on hand, which leaves a bit of urgency in getting one done quickly.  I wanted to create one that had some masculine elements to it, and found that task a bit daunting!  I opted for tones of orange, browns and a hint of teal.  I came across a die cut from Heartwarming Vintage Creative Scraps and loved the photo and sentiment...not the most masculine maybe, but I knew I could make it work. I distressed the die cut to give it some age and mounted it onto a piece of brown card stock so it would pop off the page a little more.  I opted to work on a clean, white background.  I embossed the background layer with my BigShot and a Stamp'n Up Brocade embossing folder.  I then cut out a fancy oval from my Oval Spellbinders Nestabilities set using the BigShot as well.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the white cross which I then covered in Glitter Ritz. I rubber stamped the sentiment onto white paper and then matted it onto two different colors of brown card stock. After figuring out my layout with the help of a sketch inspiration by Crafty Creations Challenges...you can see that sketch here, I decided to add some embellishments.  I added some flowers by Recollections as well as some ceramic type flowers and a butterfly I purchased at our local Dollarama.   I also added a vintage style teal ribbon to tie in the coloring of the dragonfly in the die cut photo as well as a corner clip from a Stamp'n Up collection.

Here's a peek...




Here's a bit of a closer photo of the detailing...



Maybe not as masculine a Sympathy Card as I would have liked to create, but hopefully one that will bring some comfort to my Aunt and cousins as they know that they are being thought of during this difficult time. 

Once again, thanks for stopping by my blog!  Remember to take time to appreciate your family today because we never know what tomorrow may bring.  After all, as my blog title suggests....Today's Beautiful Moments are Tomorrow's Beautiful Memories. 

Until next time...


This card has been entered in the following challenges...
Crafty Creations Challenges...Let's Get Sketchy
Crafts and Me Challenges...Vintage
Lia Stampz...Add a Flower 
Sandy's Crafty Creations...Embossed Background
Scrapper's Delights Challenges..."S is for..."

5 comments

The Craft Bug said...

Fabulous and thanks for joining in at scrappers delight

Nancy said...

Really lovely card, Tracey! I know just what you mean about sympathy cards, and I never have them on-hand either! Perhaps we should learn something! lol Thanks so much for joining us at LiaStampz!...Nancy :o)

kelly ledder said...

A lovely card for such a sad occasion and I am sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for joining in with Scrapper-Delights-Challenges on our first challenge.

Kelly x

Unknown said...

Very elegant card, proper for such a sad occasion. You have done a good job with our sketch. Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenge and hope to see you back again.
Hugs
Anna xxx

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful sympathy card! I love the lace doily with the embossed background and the pretty arrangement of flowers! Thanks for sharing with my challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!