A Sketch Challenge

Hi Everyone & Welcome!
Today I'd like to shared with you a Sketch Challenge we have running over at Twist of Faith Card Challenges!  But before that I would like to thank everyone who entered with us last week using our theme "Children".  Your submissions were outstanding!

Before I give you a peek at the sketch, I'd like to share with you who our awesome sponsor for this weeks challenge is...



and they have graciously offered our random prize winner 4 digis of their choice!  How great is that!

And here is the sketch we at the Twist of Faith DT have worked with this week, and we're hoping you will join in with us!  Remember that the our rules are very simple...keep to the theme, and be sure to include a scripture verse, positive or encouraging sentiment on either the outside or inside of your creation!

And now the sketch...


And here's the card I created using the Digi Darla digi "Blowing Paper Windmill".


  As you can see, I've flipped the sketch just to try something different.  I printed out my digi larger than usual so I could crop it and make it the feature on the centre of the card.  For the two back panels shown on the sketch I chose a piece of designer paper from the Doodle Bug Design Flower Box Collection.  The cloud patterns just made me think of blowing pinwheels on a nice summer day!  I layered the two pieces onto designer paper from Recollections Collection Tattered & Worn which was then adhered to a teal colored card stock piece I had floating around in my stash of random papers. The sentiment is from Stamp 'n Up and has been stamped in a brown ink on a scrap piece of mustard colored card stock.  All of the circles have been cut using my Spellbinders dies.  Lastly, I added some baby blue stickles around the outside of the circles and some ribbon/bow on the bottom to finish things off.

And that's a wrap!  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Hope I've given you some inspiration, and I hope to see you linking up with us over at Twist of Faith!  And don't forget to check out the other great projects made by the rest of the design team...you'll be encouraged and uplifted!  See you again soon!

This card has been entered into the following challenges...

"Crafty Ribbon Challenges..."Use One or More Circles"
Creative Belli..."Summer"
Pollycraft Challenges..."Fun in the Sun"
Word Art Wednesdays..."Anything Goes"
Sentimental Sunday..."Childs Play"
Bearly Mine Designs..."Tic Tac Toe" - Ribbon, Circles, Die Cut
Ribbon Carousel..."Summer Fun" (must use something spooled)
Digi Makeover Challenge..."Summer"
Digi Sketch Challenge..."Anything Goes"
Get Inky..."Ribbons"
Cut it Up..."Celebrate Summer"
Digi Darla Challenges..."Inspired by Ice Cream" Vanilla with Blueberry Topping  


Update:  This card placed in the following challenges...

 

14 comments

Zella said...

Tracy, your card inspired mine believe it or not. I saw how you only used part of the image and I decided to do that same thing....yeah, I copied you. :) Love your card - great idea to flip the sketch - great look!

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, Tracey! I have used that same sweet image, but I love how you've enlarged and cropped it! Wonderful sentiment for the image too! :o)

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Hi Tracy...love your card and the design paper especially the one with the clouds...lol..wished I had thought of that...and love the cropping idea.
Hugs,
Antoinette

Unknown said...

Thanks for entering your card in the crafty ribbons challenge
P x

Elaine’s Card Crafting said...

So cute, thanks for joining us at Digi Sketch Challenge!

Elaine (DT) xx

Migdalia said...

Totally Cute! Adorable image!
Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

Unknown said...

Tracey,
I made my card for the TOF challenge tonight and will get it posted tomorrow. I am quite sure yours is so much prettier.
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful paper craft project with us today at WAW. We appreciate your participation and love seeing your art.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Awe Carole, you are so sweet! Thanks for your kind words. I look forward to stopping by your blog to see your creation using our Twist of Faith sketch.
Hugs,
Tracey

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Very cute! I love all the layers and that adorable image!

Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenge for our Celebrate Summer challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Ginny Maxam said...

What a joyful card!! I love the coloring and the dimension!
Have a great week!

NickScrapShack said...

Great job with the Digi Darla image! And blueberry topping.... yummy....

Thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Darla
Nick

Ardilla said...

Your card is beautiful... love the colors and the image!!
Thanks for sharing with us your sunny project this week at Digi Maleover.
Hugs,
Ardilla :)

lis-m said...

such a lovely card, he is such a cutie!
thanks for joining us over @ Pollycraft this time. Good luck!
Hugs x

Susan L said...

I think this is just a darling card. I love little boy cards. Great job! So glad you joined us for this Challenge.

Happy Scrappin'

Sue B, DT Member for Get Inky! Stamps

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!