First Easel Card Ever!

Hi Everyone!  Glad you could stop by today!  I wanted to share my first Easel Card attempt...EVER! 
Now I usually shy away from cards that have the different folds in them because I become a real airhead and can never figure out how to fold them correctly the first time...and this time was no exception.  LOL  I had just asked hubby for help, and got it as he was sitting down to study the photo instructions! 

I attempted this creation because this is the challenge over at Twist of Faith this week...an easel or pop up card!  Our generous sponsor this week is...


and they are awarding our random prize winner with 5 digis of their choice!  What a great prize!   I was so excited to see this Hummingbird birthday card image in the digis we could choose from.  I absolutely love hummingbirds!  The photo of the finished creation has actually been taken in my hummingbird garden. 

Now, I decided to keep this card simple as I needed to work ahead before we left on vacation.  (As you are reading this post, I will be away camping on our last camping trip for the summer :(   I used the Cameo to print and cut out all of different pieces required for the card.  I water colored the image with my Tim Holtz distress markers.  The sentiment I printed out on my computer.  The flowers were also printed out with the Cameo, and then layered together.  I used some lumiere to give it a sublte glazed, shimmering effect and added some rhinestone jewels to the centres of the flowers to make them shine.    Here's a look at the finished product...


Here is a close up of the digi image...


And lastly the simple sentiment...


I am content with how it turned out for a first attempt!  I'm sure the next one will be easier!  I hope you'll take time to check out our challenge over at Twist of Faith...and give an easel card a try if you never have!  We'd love to see your creativity!  Be sure to check out the other DT's creations as well for some more inspiration!  Thanks for stopping by today...until next time!

3 comments

Desire Fourie said...

So beautifully elegant.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Nancy said...

Woohoo for your first easel card! You did a fabulous job...it's beautiful! Hope you're having a great time camping! :o)

Papercrafting Princess said...

Lovely card! Great job on it being your first.

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!