Showcasing God's Creation...Animals

"And God said, Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the heavens.  So God created the great sea creatures and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarmed, and every winged bird according to its kind.  And God saw that it was good!"
Genesis 1:20, 21

Now sit and think about those verses for a moment...now think of all the different animals, bugs, birds, etc we have on this earth!  I look at nature and am amazed by all the different animals that God has created.  He is definitely a creative God with a tremendous imagination...and a sense of humor!  Flamingos with extra long legs, monkeys that swing from tree to tree, hummingbirds that make noise as they flutter...you get the drift!  I'm always dumbfounded that people can look at nature and think that this all came along by accident and that God does not exist! 

Now we do a lot of camping as a family...and that often takes us away from church on a Sunday.  But we like to say that we attend "nature church" that day.  I know for myself I feel so close to God when we are out and about in his beautiful outdoors.  Here are a few photos we were able to take on one of our most recent camping trips...amazing!





I'm sure you're wondering if I will ever get to the point of this post...and yes...here it comes.  At Twist of Faith Card Challenges this week we are looking for cards that spotlight "Animals".  What an awesome challenge that lets you select any favorite creature of your choice!  Our fantastic sponsor this week is none other than...


who has graciously agreed to award our random prize winner with 4 uncolored digis of their choice!  Take a peek around the Meljen Design Store...this won't be an easy choice should you be the lucky winner!  They have just the most adorable images!

Here's the little creation I came up with using their image "Piggy Bath"


(I apologize for the blade of grass that is hanging over the side of the card...I wanted an outdoor photo in the dirt and a bit of grass and didn't notice it until I was ready to post this!)
I have to admit I was drawn to this image because it reminded me of one of my favorite books as a child..."Charlottes Web"...remember Wilbur? 

I kept this card fairly simple as I think the image itself should be the main focus because it's just so adorable!  I thought it would work well as a gate card, so that's what I went with.  (My kids just thought it was the sweetest image...and both loved the card!)

Here's a better peek at the little piggy...


And a closer peek at the sentiment I used...


The background papers come from the Recollections Tattered and Worn Collection (diamond pattern) as well as "A Perfect Summer" by Echo Park (wood grain).  The image and matting circles have both been cut with my Spellbinders Nestabilities using my BigShot. 
I've also added a pink bow to the piggy's ear to dress her up a bit!
The sentiment is a phrase from a Stamp 'n Up set...and I just think it sends a really great message.  As I get older I think I understand it more and more...we're all God's children, He has created us all unique and He has created us to be who we are!  Often we try to change ourselves, or be someone we're not.  That's so much more work than just being who we are.  I know this makes us more vulnerable, letting people see that we are flawed, not perfect and have problems just the same...that our personality might be a little quirky, or our opinions differ than others...but that's how God created us. I want to encourage you today with the promise that we are all "fearfully and wonderfully made".  God loves us just as we are!

I hope I've inspired you to take a look around your part of the world and see the beauty in nature that God has blessed us with.  Then find an animal image that inspires you to get creative and link it up with us at Twist of Faith Card Challenges.  We just love seeing your creations!  And don't forget to check out the other DT projects that have been created for your inspiration!
See you again soon!

This card has been entered in the following challenges...
The Crazy Challenge..."Animals"
C is for Challenge..."Animals"
Craftin Desert Divas..."Anything Goes"
Cutie Pie Challenge..."Anything Goes"
Love to Create Challenge Blog..."Fancy Folds"
Really Reasonable Ribbon..."Pink, Brown & Ribbon"
Meljen's Designs..."You've Been Framed"
Can You Digi It..."Lift Me Up"
Creative Card Crew..."Down on the Farm"
Twisted Tuesday..."Pink and Outdoors"
Crafty Sentiments..."Colorful"
The Paper Girls..."Color Inspiration"
Word Art Wednesdays..."Anything Goes"
Pinspirational Challenges...Photo Inspiration Challenge 71

Update:  This card has placed in the following challenges...

 MD-challenge-winner-badge

27 comments

Cynthia said...

Your card is absolutely adorable, Tracey. Great card fold and I love the little ribbon you've added to the pig. Lovely photos as well! Thanks for playing along with Meljen's Designs this week!

Beth F. said...

Your card is so adorable! It really makes the pig look so sweet :) Thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Diva's.
Beth
Beth's Beauties

Barb said...

I love your card! It's sooo sweet! Great sentiment with the image and your card design is wonderful...a gate fold...perfect! Thank you for joining us this week at MelJen's Designs.

~Barb, MelJen's Designs, DT member

Zella said...

Lovely Tracey!! I even love the blade of grass! LOL!! That little pink bow is adorable too.

Jo Ann said...

Love the animal pics and surely love your card. Thanks for blessing us with a great project this week at Word Art Wednesday. Hugs and blessings...

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Majo said...

Such a cute card! Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

Cindy Beland said...

Your card is sooo SUPER DUPER CUTE!!!Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Anything Goes“ Linky Party.

Vickie Y said...

What a sweet image and card! And, what better "embellishment" than a blade of grass! Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

Wendy Fraser said...

Oh what a sweet image and I just love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

Papercrafting Princess said...

It's the perfect sentiment for the cute little image!

Unknown said...

Really a cute little pig! Nice use of our colors.

Thanks for joining us at RRR. Hope to see you again next week.

Jenn DT

Amy A said...

What a sweet card! The image and pink bow are fantastic! Thank you for playing along with us at {Pin}spirational Challenges.

Amy A
{Pin}spirational Challenges

Unknown said...

Hello, Tracey, nice to have your card at my blog! LOVE this sentiment, it's fabulous. I would like to thank you for entering my 'C... is for challenge' blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
Hugs,
Anna xxx
CCC Team mate

kReN said...

What a cute card you made for our {PIN}spirational Challenge. Stop in again next week!

kReN
{PIN} DT
Come and see what I've been up to!
http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

Heather said...

God is extremely creative, I agree! Sometimes, I look at animals and wonder what He was thinking because there are some pretty funny looking creatures out there. But they all serve their purpose and He knew what He was doing when He designed them.

Deanne Saunders said...

LOVE your card...and Charlotte's Web is my ALL TIME FAVORITE book!!! And E.B.White's other books too (Stuart Little and Trumpet of the Swan) Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Tracie said...

What an adorable card. Love the pink pig. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

Unknown said...

Adorable card! Thank you for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge Blog.
Ruza, LTC Designer

Caz said...

This is gorgeous, thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments, and good luck

Caz xx

Laura Love said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura Love said...

Sorry couldn't spell! This is so adorable! I am a huge animal lover myself and loved Charlotte's Web too :) Thank you so much for playing along with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week! We hope you will play along with us again soon!

Tanya said...

Very cute card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!

paper fun said...

Really sweet card. I love that you photographed it in the outdoors with the mud and grass.

Thanks for joining us down on the farm at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

Pillan said...

Cute card! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenges!
/Pillan

Unknown said...

Awesome card - like it a lot! :)
Have a nice day...

Jamie M. said...

Love that pig. Cute card. Thanks for playing along with Twisted Tuesday! Looking forward to seeing your creations at our next challenge. ♥ Jamie at CraftyGirl21

Lizzie R said...

That is an adorable image! Cute Card! Thanks for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday Challenge!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!