When You Eat Your Smarties...Do You Eat the Red Ones Last?

Hello and Welcome Back!

Today my quick little bit of inspiration hails from a challenge we are currently running over at {The Lollipop Ladies}!  As always, our creations are based on inspirational photos of candy...yummy, yummy!  This week is no exception....how about some Smarties!


Here in Canada, when I was a kid there was a Smarties commercial that had a catchy jingle.  It went something like this...

"When you eat your smarties, do you eat the red ones last?
Do you suck them very slowly, or crunch them very fast?"

That may not be word for word as the tune to the jingle is clear as day in my mind...but the lyrics somewhat fuzzy!  LOL

Well, back to the challenge...
And of course we always add a twist to the challenge and this week is to use dies or punches!

When I saw this challenge photo I knew immediately what I wanted to do.  I had a Gumball Machine SVG file that I had been wanting to use for quite sometime that I purchased from Kadoodle Bug Designs.
Gumballs just make me smile...they totally remind me of my kids and my parents or "Nana & Grandpa".  Whenever my kids go over there, one of the first questions they ask of Nana & Grandpa is whether they can have a gumball...or two...or three...as they run to the container before the answer even has time to be presented! So this little creation is really inspired by the inspirational photo and the relationship between my children and their Nana & Grandpa!

I have to say that I have a love/hate relationship with this little creation!
I set out to cutting out all the die cuts with my Silhouette Cameo, inked them and started assembling the card.  It didn't turn out exactly as I had envisioned it, thus the love/hate relationship.  My biggest disappointment was when I applied the first touch of black ink to the gumball machine to try to age it, I forgot to ink off on a piece of scrap paper before I applied it!  It was much darker than I wanted it to be, but decided to keep going with the card to see if it would turn out okay.  (We are our own worst critics after all!)
Take a peek and see what you think...


Well, the kids came home from school and just loved it.  So I guess it's not a failure after all.  I suppose it would make a cute birthday card coupled with a gumball themed gift!  

So, I hope I have inspired you to haul out your punches, dies or get that electronic die cutting machine humming....and see where that Smartie photo will lead your creativity!  Our challenges are not complicated at all...use the colors, shapes, texture,etc. from the inspirational photo for your creation ...I'm not sure why we haven't had many people linking up with us at {The Lollipop Ladies} as of late.  Any type of paper project/technique is welcome!  So do hurry with your submission...there are only a few days left to link it up on the side bar!  And be sure to pass the challenge along to a friend or two!  Can't wait to see what you come up with!  Also, don't forget to check out {The Lollipop Ladies} blog for the current sponsor and prize!

Until next time...

3 comments

Desire Fourie said...

This is so creative and yummy. Love the vibrant colouring.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Nancy said...

OH, NO!!! Now I'll have that little ditty in my head for the rest of the day! lol Your words are right on, and the rest is:
Eat that candy-coated chocolate,
But tell me when I ask,
When you eat your Smarties,
Do you eat the red ones last?
I actually did eat the red ones last until the blue ones came...now they're always last!
Your gumball card is fanatastic, Tracey! The ink is just fine!
You know...there are just too many challenges out there these days for everyone to get to all of them. Several have a huge response...but most have just a few! :o)

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Awe...thanks for you kind words and wisdom Nancy! You're right...there are tons of challenges out there! I just could never resist a candy inspired blog challenge! LOL
Thanks for the rest of the jingle...I couldn't remember! It's been stuck in my head for days!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!