Christmas Ribbon

Oh c'mon don't groan....another Christmas card! 
 I almost heard you from here when you read the post title!  LOL

Let me share with you today the holiday card I created based on this photo from our current challenge over at {The Lollipop Ladies}!

TLL #77 Macarons 

Aren't those just mouth watering colors?  And remember we always have a little added twist and this challenge is no exception...it's ribbon!  Who doesn't like to add a little ribbon?

Here's a peek of the project I created being inspired by the colors and the textures of these yummy macaroons!



The paper has been taken from a seasonal paper pack my kids gave me for Christmas many years ago!  I've fussy cut the various square blocks behind the snowman from a patterned paper and then inked them with blue around the edges.  They have been adhered to a background paper which is blue with small circles that look like blurred snowflakes.  The snowman die cut is actually from a Christmas sticker die cut set I purchased at our local Dollarama last year after Christmas.  I've used green vintage style ribbon to mimic the square pieces around the circle to give the card some texture and to fit in with our ribbon twist.  I've then popped up the snowman die cut with 3D pop up dots so it has some dimension.  The "Let it Snow" sentiment in the left hand corner has also been fussy cut from the same package the snowman die cut came in.  Nothing too fancy, quite simple but fun!

Now remember that we are offering a prize over at {The Lollipop Ladies} for this challenge should we have 7 or more entries!  Our generous sponsor for this challenge is...

 

....and they are offering our winner a $10 voucher!  How exciting!

Now our linky on the side bar has not been working and we are experiencing technical difficulties.  I'm hoping by the time this post goes live it will have been repaired.  However, should it not be working correctly, please leave a link in the comment section over at {The Lollipop Ladies}blog.  We'll be sure to check for them there! 

Now it's your turn...get creating!  Haul out those spools of ribbon, find some colorful paper that inspires you and wipe that drool away from the corners of your lips as you let the inspirational picture of macaroon work it's creative magic on you!

Until next time...

3 comments

Nancy said...

No groaning from me, my friend! Yummy inspiration photo and beautiful card! I love to see sweet snowmen! Can't wait to the real ones arrive! :o)

Papercrafting Princess said...

Cute card...love how you used the ribbon!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Tracey

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!