A Thankful Heart

Hi Everyone!
Happy Tuesday!  I'd like to share with you a creation today that I've created for our current challenge over at Twist of Faith Challenges.  Today we are asking you to create a card that has been inspired by the phrase "With Thanks".  This will be super easy for our American friends, as their Thanksgiving is just around the corner.  Here in Canada, we celebrated our Thanksgiving quite awhile ago, so I decided I wanted to make more of a fall inspired card encouraging "thanks".  We have so much to be thankful for, don't we.  I think we take so much for granted and quite frankly forget to be thankful most of the time.  I know I've mentioned this before, but one of my favorite hymns is "Count Your Many Blessings".  Do you know it?

The lyrics are powerful...

When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.


Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.


Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.



When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings. Wealth can never buy
Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.



So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
Do not be disheartened, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.

The sentiment I chose for my card really seemed to sum this up nicely...

A Grateful Heart
is the mainspring of Happiness

Isn't that so true. God has never once promised us any easy road.  What He has promised us is that He will be with us on that road while we travel through the flatlands, the mountains, and deep in the valleys. Finding the joy and blessings along the way, in all circumstances leads us to contentment where we are and helps us keep our focus on the things that are important.  I don't find this easy to do.  When the road is smooth and winding and the journey is scenic, I can find the positive. I can see the blessings and have a grateful heart...counting my blessings! But, when I hit the valleys and the sun hides it's face and it's days of cloudiness...I must admit I find it hard to focus on the positives.  The whole world seems dreary and my circumstances too much during that time.  This is the most important time to focus on giving thanks...it takes ones mind off of the troubles and takes their power from them.  After all, God is there guiding and leading us!

Now onto the card I've created...


I had the privilege of working with our sponsored image called "Oak Leaf Wreath" by Eureka Stamps!


They have generously offered one lucky winner 5 digi images of their choice! 

As for my card, not too much to tell you today.  I decided to try to do a flat card with the image right on the front of it with no embellishments.  I colored the image with my Tim Holtz Distress Markers.  I inked the edges of the card with brown ink.  

I hope that you will take the time to find something to be thankful in your life today.  I also hope that I've inspired you to join in our challenge at Twist of Faith this week!  Don't forget  to stop by the blog and see the lovely cards the rest of the design team have made!  And one quick reminder...your creation needs to include a scripture, verse, encouraging or uplifting sentiment! 

Until next time...

This card has been entered in the following challenges...

This card has placed in the following challenges...


19 comments

Barb said...

Wonderful Card--I love the colors as they just pop off of the card.

Connie Can Crop said...

Such a gorgeous card! It doesn't need any embellishments because that image, the color and sentiment are perfect. Thank you so much for entering my challenge. Scrappy hugs, Connie
http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful card!! Love the wreath ... Thank you so very much for sharing your talent with us at CCCB!

Carole said...

Thank you for playing along with us this week at TPC with your gorgeous CAS creation.
Happy Crafting
Carole xXx

Unknown said...

Love this stamp and your beautiful card!!

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

Tina said...

very lovely..thanks fro sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

P.G. Lamb said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sher Crafts.

julie1 said...

beautiful, thank you for joining us at whoopsie daisy, hope to see you again and good luck ... Julie xxx

Unknown said...

Yes it is true, we must always see the blessings and have a thankful heart. Oak leaves are so pretty and so is your card. Thank you for posting with us last week and I truly hope you will come back this week.
Abundant Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday


Raquel said...

Wonderful card and great job with the wreath

Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Crafts

Zella said...

Oh Tracey, your post is beautiful!!!! I love that old hymn....we need to take time to count our blessings more often then complaining about what is wrong in life. You're such a blessing to me and to the TOF group - not only because you're an expert card maker - but because of your encouraging posts and your friendship! Love you my friend!! Thanks for joining Eureka Stamps this week too!
Blessings,
Zella

Karen said...

Sorry to be comment so late...I thought I had commented on all, but miss yours. Lovely wreath and leaf image, perfect for our Fall Challenge at Digi Haven. Really like the sentiment too. TFS with us - Karen-DT

Mayras Designs said...

This is beautiful as is the hymn that inspired it ! I love , love the sentiment that inspired this ! Thank you so much for joining us at Pile it On Challenges ! I hope you join us again !

Mayra DTM
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Beautiful wreath! Love that sentiment, too! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is beautiful, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

kenli said...

Really so very pretty and lovely work.Thanks so much for joining us at Card Mania Challendges.

Lisa Mensing said...

Beautiful card! Love the sentiment! Thank you for joining us at Parade Your Crafts.

Susie said...

A great card! Thanks for joining our Clean and Simple challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

melsanford said...

A gorgeous card! Thank you for joining our CAS challenge at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!