New Beginnings

Hi there!

I hope you had a very special and meaningful Christmas with family and friends!  It's hard to believe there is a new year upon us already again!

The theme for our current challenge at Twist of Faith is "New Beginnings".  A fitting theme for the start of a new year and for a time when people make resolutions.  This weeks challenge is a little bit different as we do not have a sponsor...(this gave the design team a little flexibility in the style and image direction they wanted to take.)  Our very own DT member Vickie ODell has graciously supplied our awesome prize this week...a Close to My Heart Stamp prize package.  Head on over to the Twist of Faith blog to take a peek!

As always, our only requirement is that your card include an uplifting, healing, encouraging scripture or sentiment...either on the front of the card or enclosed inside.  It's your choice.

Since I could play this week with anything I desired, I decided I wanted to try to create a card completely using my Silhouette Cameo...including designing it right on the computer with my designer software.  I watched a few YouTube videos and set off to start the task.  I measured, printed and cut and did a little editing from how I originally had planned the card.  I actually did land up cutting out the heart pieces with my BigShot and two of my Memory Box dies.  Also, I decided to fussy cut the wording which had been on a Project Life style journaling card.  But for the most part, I had fun doing it and will definitely try designing the whole thing on the computer again. 

Here's a look at how the card turned out... 


The sentiment I chose is something that I wanted to remind myself to apply to my life in the New Year.  With Christ in our lives, every day is a second chance.  Waking up in the morning is a gift...it's a chance to make a difference and to make that day better than the day before.  It's a day to let go of the past and mistakes made hours, days, years before and to start afresh.  With Christ at the centre of our hearts and lives we know we can do this...He promises us that He has cast our sins to the very bottom of the ocean.  If He is able to forgive us, why is it so difficult to forgive ourselves and to move forward?  Satan has us believing that we need to keep ourselves living in anger, regret, sadness, etc.  He has us believing that we need to be perfect as Christians and don't measure up and should therefore call it quits.  He is trying to trick us into believing that there are no second chances...that we only get one shot.  Each day is a chance to spend more time with God, to make a difference in someones life, to encourage someone who is down, to mend broken relationships, and to hold fast in our heart that God is not looking for perfection from us. We fall into that trap so easily don't we?  If we can't do it perfectly and as we think God wants it...why do it at all?   Is God  expecting us to try...to put forth our best effort...absolutely.  But He knows that we will fall short so many times.  What He really desires is a relationship with us where we commit to Him fully...and the rest will fall into place.  Has He promised us an easy life...by no means.  But, He has promised to be with us always.  Will we fail and flounder from time to time...for sure...and He knows we will.  Our perfect selves will only be revealed when we reach Heaven someday...then there will be no need for second chances! 

For my "New Beginnings" this year...my desire is to spend more time in the Word and to develop a deeper relationship with my Saviour.  In the hustle and bustle of life, this is one area where I often fall short.  This year I hope to remind myself that each day is a second chance...I may not have read my Bible for the last two days, but I have a chance to do it today.  I will try to remind myself that the negative thoughts when I fail are not from God.  Those voices that run through your head, beating your self worth and image down are Satan waging a war.  We know that we have the Victor on our side!  One of my favorite worship songs puts it so well...

"I know Who goes before me
I know Who stands behind,
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side.

The One Who reigns forever,
He is a Friend of mine,
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side"
                                        -sung by Chris Tomlin

Think about those words...the God who goes before me, stands behind me, and stands beside me...He encompasses me completely!  No one on earth can stand before, behind and beside us at the same time.  Only God...who has angel armies waiting to help us if we just ask.  Isn't that a beautiful picture?

My prayer for you this 2014 is that you will build your relationship with Jesus Christ.  That you will be able to silence those nagging voices that want to drag you down, and allow God to rather use you and mold you to be the best you ever!

Happy New Year...and a toast to "new beginnings and everyday being a second chance"!

Until next time...

This card has been entered in the following challenges...
Twisted Tuesday..."New Beginnings"...each day is a new beginning 
Scrap Creations..."Something New"  (Heart Dies & Cutting Files used were new!)
Cuttin and Stampin..."Anything Goes/Something New" (Heart Dies & Cutting files used were new!)
Chocolate, Coffee and Cards..."New Beginnings"
Crafts 4 Eternity..."Something New"  (Heart Dies/Cutting Files used were new/theme each day new beginning)
Word Art Wednesday..."Anything Goes"

11 comments

DIANA L. said...

Great card.. Happy new year to you. I love that song also.

Unknown said...

His mercies are renewed every morning, great is His faithfulness. I really like everything about your card. Thank you for sharing this beautiful creation with us at Word Art Wednesday. I want to extend Multiplied Blessings including Peace, Prosperity and Health to your whole household in 2014.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson

Dewi Lestari said...

It's beautiful! Thanks for joining at CCCC: New Beginnings
Hugs
Dewi

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Tracey! This is really a beautiful card. I always enjoy seeing your sweet creations, and I thank you SO MUCH for sharing it with us in our challenge this week. I appreciate having you play along! Have a blessed new year!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

SarahGeorge said...

Tracey,
What a wonderful devotion you've shared along with your beautiful card! Thank you for the wonderful blessing you've prayed for us and Wish you too a beautiful year ahead! Your new blog look is great!
Best wishes :)
Sarah

Tracie said...

What a great card along with your wonderful message to everyone. Thanks for playing with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

Dorothy S said...

Thank you for sharing this creation and your thoughts. Thanks also for your comment.

DebR said...

I love your card...but even more your faith.

Zella said...

Beautiful card!!! And AMAZING post!!! I love how you are so bold in your faith. You're INSPIRING!!!

Merry said...

Just had to come over for a sticky beak after seeing that you are now on the Design Team and Unstampabelles. Congrats. You have have such lovely work.

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Thanks Merry!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!