Vintage Beauty

Glad you stopped by to take in Post #2 for the day!  Should you be looking for my Twist of Faith post, please scroll down!

Welcome back to another week of {Pin}spirational Challenges!  And guess what...no Christmas photo to {pin}spire you...LOL!  I must say it was a little tricky trying to get back into a card that wasn't Christmas themed!  LOL

Here is a peek at the {pin}spiring photo we have for you ...



Is that not totally awesome!
I was completely drawn to the different colors in this photo.  I do see the sewing and ribbon theme here, but I wanted to take it in a slightly different direction!

We have two wonderful sponsors this week...



I had the pleasure of working with an image from one of their Vintage photo sheets.
And of course our other sponsor...




You can find all the prize details over at {Pin}spirational Challenges blog!

Now back to the photo.  When I saw the group of children standing with their hula hoops dressed in their fine clothing, I knew I wanted to use this image.  I pulled several colors from the photo that stood out to me and then proceeded to color the kids clothing with my Stamp 'n Up chalks.  I knew I wanted to give the card a kind of "material or quilt" feel, so I cut some squares and applied them to the background.  I didn't have time to haul out the sewing machine, so I did some faux stitching with my fine line pen.  I added a flower cluster along with some vintage type buttons and lastly an embellishment with the message "Don't sweat the small stuff". 

Here's how it turned out...


I hope I've been able to inspire you to play along with us this week.  I'm always so intrigued by the different creations and the different things people pull from the photo to create their project.  Maybe you need a break from Christmas card making, or maybe you see something in the photo that reminds you of Christmas. Either way, be sure to link up with us...and if you're still needing more visual aids to get your creativity flowing, don't forget to check out my team members creations! 

Until next time...

3 comments

Wynn said...

What a great idea to go with a quilted background.........very inspiring. You chose a lovely image too. Wynn xx

SarahGeorge said...

Pretty vintage card Tracey. I'm seeing this kind after a long time. And your creativity is just Awesome! :) bringing out the colours is what I liked the most :)

Nancy said...

I have a jar of wooden spools that looks just like your inspiration photo! lol I love what you've created, Tracey! It looks fabulous! :o)

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!