Christmas Layers

Happy Friday Everyone!

You know what Friday means...it's a new challenge over at Christmas Stampin' All Year Round!  
I know it's one that many of you will excel in...as always "Anything Goes" and our twist this week is...

"Lots of Layers"

I have a confession to make about my card today...I'm not really sure I like it!  LOL
There were so many little things that went wrong with it along the way!
I was aiming for a bit of a country feel to the card...so I chose snowflake paper, polka dotted paper and a beautiful gingham paper.  I layered it with white paper for matting...

Let's take a look...


I decided to layer the sentiment as well...so I snipped it apart as it was too long for the card and started matting with the white and polka dot paper.  I decided to try to do this the quick way by using my Xyron sticker maker...it's a new purchase and I'd only used it once before.  Well I got busy running all of the pieces through, and when I went to take off the backing of the sticker part...I had sent all of the pieces through the wrong way!  Oh was I ticked with myself.  So what did I do?  I decided that I would cover them all with Glitter Ritz!  (The card is sooooo sparkly, and I don't know if you can see it on the photo...but the sentiment and the main image all shimmer!)
So...I sent all the pieces through the sticker maker again...the correct way this time.
The image has been colored with my Spectrum Noir markers.  And, when I scratched a test mark on some scrap paper, I really thought I had chosen colors closer to the gingham and sentiment muted colors.  It's a little more vibrant than I was going for...oh well...I suppose it sorta works!
I added a few smaller snowflakes and then covered them with Crystal Stickles and then punched a few hearts to add to the card to again try to rescue that country feel!  LOL
So, I hope you'll find some inspiration in that creation somewhere!

Now, I should share a bit with you about our sponsor.
We are so happy to welcome back Bugaboo Stamps!

 

I just love the cute digi I got to work with!
They are generously offering one lucky prize winner 7 digis of their choice!
Thanks Bugaboo!

The rest is now up to you!  Get out those stacks of paper, choose a color scheme and get layering...like lots and lots of layering!  Then remember to link up with us at CSAYL.
The rest of the design team have created some amazing cards for your inspiration as well.  Remember to stop by their blogs to leave them some love!

Until next time...

This card has been shared in the following challenges...
ABC Christmas Challenges..."Glitter"
Make Something Monday..."Sparkle"
Christmas Card Challenges..."Favorite Coloring Medium"
Completely Christmas..."Anything Goes"
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge..."Circles"
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra..."Anything Christmas Goes"
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge..."April Challenge"
Christmas at Sweet Stampin'..."Brrr It's Cold Outside"
Crimbo Crackers..."Anything Goes Christmas"
Sparkles Christmas Challenge..."Inspired by a Christmas Carol/Song"  (Let it Snow & Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland)



13 comments

Nancy said...

It's a fabulous card, Tracey! I did get a good chuckle out of your process! lol What a happy accident thought...the glitter is fantastic! You succeeded with your country feel and I really like it! Have a great weekend! :o)

Fabiola said...

adorable et très mignonne carte Tracey, le sentiment est si sympa, biz

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering all of my Craftyhazelnut's challenges and Completely Christmas 5 with your lovely card - hope to see you again soon. x

Heather said...

Well! Even if it didn't turn out the way you planned, I think you made some good saves. : ) The glitter is a great touch even if it was an uh oh. I just had to laugh, because it is totally something that would happen to me. : ) Anyway, I think it turned out well. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

La Papera Gialla said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenges this week!
Monica - CCC DT

Karen (karey2005) said...

It's lovely! I know that feeling when something doesn't come out like it is in my head though. This really did turn out great. Thanks for linking up at Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N (DT)

Anet's Crafting said...

Your card is beautiful Tracey, I love the cute snowman image and layout.

Helen said...

This is great, the glitter looks fab. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenges.

Hugs Helen P DT xx

Susan said...

Perfect start for those Holiday Cards! :) Thanks for joining our Make Something Monday Challenge at Where Life Meets Art!

Gail said...

Hi Tracey -well --- have to say - Snowmen are my favorites - loving your fun card - have a happy week Gail DT CSAYL

Sandra H said...

Hello and welcome to our challenge at Sparkles Christmas Challenge "Inspired by Christmas Corol/Song...........Your card is gorgeous and l knew from the image which Christmas Carol you used .............Good luck and hope to see you again Next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

Dawn said...

It's beautiful! I love the country feel and I think you did a brilliant job of covering your 'mistake' - the sparkle looks so pretty. Thanks so much for sharing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin. I hope you will join in again this month. Hugs, Dawn

Helen said...

Sweet card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!