Clean and Simple

Welcome Back!
Glad you could join me today!

Today I'd like to share with you what we have brewing over in The Crafter's Cafe!
So, grab your java, hot chocolate, cappacino or whatever your beverage indulgence might be and let me share with you about our new challenge which is...

"Clean & Simple...or CAS for Short"

I found this to be an interesting challenge as I don't usually do a lot of CAS cards.  
For some reason it intimidates me to leave a bunch of white space on a card!  LOL

So, let me share this attempt with you now...

My stash of Sympathy cards has been dwindling lately, so I thought this might be the perfect type of card to try out a CAS design.  I was so excited that our sponsor for the week was A Day for Daisies as they have gorgeous, clean hand drawings.  I chose the image Freehand Bird 5 to make my card.  
I wanted to make the image more like a decoupage layered image so I printed out the bird 3 times.  The first layer has been printed straight onto the card itself.  For the second and third layers, I just printed the image a tiny bit smaller each time.  The second layer included the head, wing and tail section, and the third layer is simply the wing on top of that.  I should have taken the time to take a side view pic of the card so you could see how dimensional this little bird really is.  It definitely added more depth and interest to do it this way.  The little birdie has been colored with chalks as I wanted a very soft feeling for this card.  I've added some blue sky to a portion of the card, again with chalk.  I love the softness and prettiness of images colored with chalks.  Lastly, I've added a Stamp'n Up sentiment.  I thought for not dabbling in this type of creation often, it came out ok!

It's your challenge now!  Don't forget to stop by the Cafe to see what the other DT members have created for your inspiration.  

Until next time...

This card has been shared in the following challenges...



11 comments

Nancy said...

GORGEOUS card, Tracey! I really like this one VERY MUCH! :o)

cass said...

Beautiful card Tracey, great inspiration for the CAS challenge

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Hi Tracey - I love your CAS design and the chalks give the whole card 'softness'. It's a great sympathy card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Incy Wincy Designs this week in our Clean & simple challenge.
Helen x (DT)

Michelle said...

This is a nice simple card for that loved one. I do love the bird the way you colored it. Thank You for sharing with us at Incy Wincy Designs.

Michelle (DT)

Michelle said...

Beautiful card! The bird is lovely. Thank you for sharing your work with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

fiona mctiernan walker said...

A fantastic card and love the bird. Thankyou for joining our challenge this week at crafting from the heart.
Hugs
Fiona dt/blog co-owner x

Suzanne C said...

Lovely CAS design. The bird is super sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey. Like this wee guy. Looks great and a good choice for sympathy card. Too many are dull, dreary, and honestly they hurt when you open them. Thanks for checking out my card. Have a hard time with the CAS ones as well. :)

Alrik said...

Very beautiful card.

Claudia said...

Hi Tracey this is a difficult theme, but you made a perfect card for it. Love the bird you used and the CAS-Style of the card.

We are very happy that you take part at the Cards und More Challenge. To participate in the draw of the prize and the Top 3, you have to follow the challenge rules. Unfortunately, you have joined more than 5 challenges simultaneously and cannot take part in the draw this time. I am so sorry. We would be delighted if you join in again next time :-)

Hugs Claudia

Toni said...

Great CAS card, everything is on the right place. Regards, TokBobok

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!