Birthday Wishes

Welcome to another Wednesday!
Can you believe it's the first Wednesday of the New Year!
I'm so glad you could stop in for a visit...you know that Wednesdays are Heartfelt Creations inspiration day, and I hope you look forward to them as much as I do!

I've created a simple Birthday card for your inspiration this week.  Nothing too frilly or fancy!

Take a look for yourself...


I was in need of some sunshine the day I created this project.  We've had very little of it lately, and the colors of the Majestic Morning Paper Collection just spoke to me with its vibrant colors!
When I spied the bright yellow ribbon in my stash, I knew that I wanted to incorporate it into this creation!

Here's a closer peek at the flowers...


I've simply added three hand shaped flowers to the card panel over top of the printed florals in the vase, giving the card dimension and the feeling of the flowers being real.  As you can see, each flower has been colored using the same colors, however some tips have been colored darker,, some flowers have been shaped tighter, one is layered and two are single etc, to give them each their own individual look...after all, God has not created two identical flowers in nature...so why should we?  LOL
And, for me the icing on the cake is the prills used in the centre of each flower.  To me they take the flowers up a whole notch, making them look so realistic!
If you have never created your own flowers, please do not be hesitant about it!  Emma Lou of Heartfelt Creations has wonderful videos on YouTube that guide you through step by step!  Some of the techniques I've used while creating these blooms can be found in a video here and here!  Once you've given this a try, I promise you will have so much fun and will be so pleasantly surprised how easy it really is!

For the full instructions on how this card was created, I will ask that you please check out the Heartfelt Creations blog...if I send you there, I know that you will also be able to take in the beautiful creations the rest of the design team have created!  Be sure to leave them some blog love on their individual blogs as well...after all, we all love a compliment and would love to hear from you!

Until next time...

This card has been shared in the following challenges...

16 comments

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Tracey!! I love those flowers.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Tracey, this is such a beautiful card. I love the way you picked up the colors in the background papers and used them on your stunning flowers. Just lovely!

Unknown said...

This is stunning. I love the colors.

Archana Joshi said...

Such a pretty colors. Love your card and flowers are adorable.
Hugs,
Archana

Karan Gerber said...

beautiful card, lovely colours and flowers are stunning

Maureen R said...

Not frilly or fancy? Poo! I think it's wonderful!! The flowers you made to make the image pop are stunning. I always get so many exciting ideas on Wednesdays, I can hardly contain myself. Gorgeous! Hugs, M

craftieodmae said...

So gorgeous, love the colors!!

Joann said...

So pretty!

Anne Harada said...

Oh my gosh, just gorgeous!! The dimension you achieved on the blooms is amazing!! Love the colors, love it all!!

SussiPoppins said...

Hi Tracey, love this card. The flowers are so romantic! oxo

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card, love the layering. Thanks for entering Crafts Galore Encore Challenge ATG Wendy (DT).xx

Marsha said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the colors and you flowers are amazing. Thank you so much for entering the Die Cut Diva's challenge.

Lin said...

Thanks for sharing this fabulous card with us. Love the dimensional flowers coming out of the vase.

Lin
ABC

Meighan Wheller said...

A lovely birthday card. Just love the flowers! Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges. Meighan DT

Arlene said...

Beautiful shaped flowers. Lovely card.

So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

Hazel said...

Beautiful card. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper January challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!