Happy Father's Day...

Welcome Everyone!
We're celebrating Father's Day today!
The kids and I have planned a little surprise for their dad...we've rented a cabin and next weekend will be taking him on a Father's Day Fishing Getaway!  The kids are so excited because the cabin has a loft bedroom and have been making plans to play and sleep up there...and they've been begging me to rent the hot tub for the weekend!  LOL  I told them it would depend on what the forecast looked like!  Hopefully there will be some good fishing, as we've never been to this place before.  

Now, I did want to share with the you the Father's Day card I created for my dad!
I chose to use the Under the Sea Collection by Heartfelt Creations this year!
We've been having such dull, cloudy and rainy weather again, I thought this collection would bring some brightening to dad's day!  I didn't want to go over the top floral for his creation...as I know he's been getting his fill of the real thing lately as he and mom have been designing some flower beds and doing quite a bit of planting this year!  

I chose a fun shaped card file from the Silhouette Design Store to work with and set to work!

Are you ready?


That's right...I just couldn't resist doing a Hawaiian shirt with the floral cut outs and of course all the beautiful hibiscus prints from the Under the Sea paper collection!  

As you can see, I've created a small shaped boutonniere just from fussy cutting a hibiscus cluster straight from the paper collection, and added one of the premade sentiments from the collection as well...and of course a touch of glitter! 

Here's a bit of a closer peek...


I also wanted to add a scenic pattern to the bottom of the shirt as some of these "tacky" shirts do!
I once again fussy cut a portion of a scene from the paper collection and trimmed it to fit on the bottom of the shirt.

Here's a little closer peek at that portion of the card...


Again a touch of glitter and those bright orange buttons, I thought it came together really well!

The one thing I will tell you about my dad though is that he would never wear a shirt like this!  LOL But, I'm sure he'll find the humor and fun in the piece and enjoy it just the same!

So dad, I hope you have a great Father's Day!  Thanks for always being willing to pick up the kids from school when I can't make it there due to other obligations, for taking them to places they need to go when I can't, and for always making sure that the kids tummies are full of extra special treats you've picked up for when you know they're coming to visit...and even sharing with me!  LOL
And of course, for always listening and giving advice along the way!

Until next time...

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!