In the Beginning God Created...

Welcome!
I'm so glad you're here!
I have a bit of a different project to share with you this week!

We're continuing to showcase the Woodsy Wonderland Collection over at Heartfelt Creations, and one of the first things that popped into my head when I first saw the collection so many months ago was that it would be perfect to use for illustrating Genesis 1 - The Story of Creation in my journaling Bible!
The beautiful landscape stamps, those gorgeous deer and a few of the other woodsy critters would create such a beautiful scene!  I set about to stamping and coloring and was happy with the result!

Here's how my Bible journal page turned out...


I really enjoyed creating this little scene...and while coloring I had time to think about and reflect on the story of creation.  Isn't it amazing to think that God's imagination is so large...look at all of the different plants and animals He created...and when I see some of them I do indeed know that He has a wonderful sense of humor!  LOL

You'll see that my coloring is not completely perfect...the paper I had behind the Bible page had a slight texture which has shown through, and the gamasol solution does react a tad differently on this thin type of paper which makes blending the colors of the Spectrum Noir Blendable pencils a little more difficult.  (The colors depicted in the pictures here are actually brighter than those on the project due to photo editing...the sky is much more muted and the colors flow together more gently).

Here's a close up of the stamped images...


Have you started a journaling Bible?  I love the time I get to reflect on what I've read while stamping and coloring!  I cannot draw at all....we're talking not a drop of artist's blood in me...so I like to use stamps in my journaling Bible....so if you're like me and you can't draw, be sure to use those stamps in your stash! 

Well, that's all for me today...short and sweet! 
Christmas is approaching so quickly and it seems that there is a shortage of time these days!
I hope you do have a few extra minutes to stop by the Heartfelt Creations blog to see the amazing array of projects the rest of the team have created for your inspiration!

Until next time...
Project Supplies & Instructions
Woodsy Critters Cling Stamp Set, HCPC-3768
Woodsy Treescape Cling Stamp Set, HCPC-3766
Woodsy Critters Die, HCD1-7124

Other Products Used: ESV Journaling Bible, Spectrum Noir Blendable Pencils - 024, 059, 058, 054, 047, 104, 057, 070, 114, 100, 090, 105, 038, 014, gamasol solution, blending stumps, VersaFine Black Ink,  VersaFine Grey Ink, scrap card stock

Stamp evergreen trees onto page using a black permanent detail ink.  Create a matching mask using a piece of scrap card stock along with evergreen stamp and the coordinating die.  Place mask over stamped evergreens and now stamp remaining tree line as shown once again using grey permanent detail ink and remove mask.  Stamp deer image and bunny into scene as shown using grey ink.  Color scene using blendable pencils and blend colors together using blending stumps and gamasol solution.   

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!